Buying a camera is not enough; you need to buy additional accessories to keep your camera intact. One such crucial accessory is the best Camera strap for DSLR; regardless of your style preference or requirement, we have got you covered. I spent weeks researching to come up with a list of the 12 best camera strap for DSLR’s.
Whether you are looking for a solidly built sturdy strap or a sleek and chic neck strap, we have included all. If neck-straps aren’t your forte, we have also rounded up some best hand straps for DSLR cameras. So without any further delay, let’s help you pick the one that will fulfill your requirements.
- Top 12 Best Camera strap for DSLR Reviews And Comparison.
- 1. Black Rapid classic strap for DSLR.
- 2. Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap for DSLR.
- 3. OP/TECH DSLR wrist strap.
- 4. TARION best camera strap for DSLR.
- 5. Altura Quick release best camera strap for DSLR’s.
- 6. Custom SLR GLide best strap for DSLR.
- 7. BlackRapid RS-4 retro sling-style camera strap for DSLR’S.
- 8. Peak Design Clutch CL-2 Hand camera strap for DSLR’s.
- 9. ONA The Presidio truffle leather camera strap for DSLR.
- 10. Altura heavy duty wrist strap for DSLR.
- 11. JJC store Quick release camera strap for DSLR.
- 12. Altura rapid-fire secure wrist camera strap for DSLR’s.
- Final Words:
Top 12 Best Camera strap for DSLR Reviews And Comparison.
Best Camera Strap For DSLR Comaprison Table:
1. Black Rapid classic strap for DSLR.
If you are anything like me, you will understand how annoying it feels to be weighed down while carrying a heavy object on your shoulders. Blackrapid was the first one to introduce a sling-style strap that evenly distributes the weight for maximum comfort. Professional photographers understand how crucial it is to have their hands free while getting that perfect shot. Black Rapid curve breathe is crafted using high-performance materials, with its trademark design followed by some upgradation for enhanced experience and comfort. Air mesh breathable material provided extra cushioning.
It is 167cm long and weighs only 182g. The package includes a CR-3 sliding carabiner, FR-5 case screw, lockstar protection, brad strap followed by a storage case. Besides, it is compatible with mirrorless cameras and other hybrid cameras, which aren’t too heavy.
- Cross-Body Strap for Right-Handed Users
- Places Camera Upside-Down Against Waist; Allows Easy and Fast Access to Camera
- Nylon Webbing, 65.8" Adjustable Length; Moisture-Wicking, 3.3" Wide Shoulder Pad
- Spring-Loaded Bumper Locks for Camera; CR-3 ConnectR Locking Carabiner; LockStar ConnectR cover to secure carabiner; FR-5 FastenR Breathe; BlackRapid Camera Safety TetheR
Also, Read “Hohem iSteady Multi All in 1 3-Axis Review.”
2. Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap for DSLR.
Peak Design is a popular name among Camera owners for its innovative design and durability. They have excelled in other accessory designs as well.
The slide by peak designs remains one of the most popular camera starp for DSLR’s mirror les camera because it features a unique — and proprietary — method of snap-on anchor points, which can withstand upto 90kgs of weight. The internally padded straps provide comfort for prolonged hours without straining your neck and shoulders. It includes two durable aluminum quick-pull adjusters that enable you to adjust the straps in varied ranges of your choice and comfort. Besides, it is protected by a lifetime warranty.
- 2 durable aluminum quick-pull adjuster handles allow a huge range of length adjustment.
- Internally-padded webbing gives all-day comfort with no added bulk. 45mm (1.8in) wide.
- Anchors easily hold 200 lbs (90 kg). The camera strap works with heaviest pro cameras or binoculars.
- 45mm (1.8in) wide seatbelt style webbing is internally padded for low-profile comfort; Smooth on one side, gripped on reverse side
- This Peak Design strap is under a lifetime warranty: guaranteed.
Also, Read “Top 10 Best Wifi Endoscopes.”
3. OP/TECH DSLR wrist strap.
OP/TECH is one the most popular and budget-friendly starp for DSLR. It definetly deserves a spot on the list of best camera straps for DSLRs. OP/Tech wrist strap is crafted from durable and comfortable non-slip neoprene material, which adjusts around the wrist with a security slide to keep it firmly in place and can bear upto 10lbs of weight.
It attaches itself to the strap connection points on the camera body, where it is designed to carry the weight, so you won’t have to worry about your camera getting pulled. Other materials like leathers look stylish, but if you are more into comfort, then neoprene is what you might need.
- Fits most SLR cameras and binoculars
- Neoprene strap secures comfortably around the wrist
- Security slide tightens the strap around the wrist
- Recommended load: up to 10 lbs (4.53kg)
- Made in the USA
Also, Read “Best Budget Action Cameras Reviews And Buying Guide.”
4. TARION best camera strap for DSLR.
Next on the line for cost-effective camera straps for DSLR is Tarion, which has everybody’s attention considering its efficiency and quality given for the minimal cost of $8. A domain in which top brands excel, Tarion is making a mark for itself by offering budget camera accessories.
Tarion is crafted from high quality and durable cotton yarn and PU leather with an Anti-slip surface that prevents the risk of accidental slip offs. Ergonomic design allows you to adjust the straps on both sides. Sturdy and comfortable material alleviates the stress on the neck and shoulders while carrying your camera.
The Tarion Vintage Camera Strap fastens to your camera using the metal loops at the top. Overall it looks stylish and trendy with its detailed aesthetics and can be worn by both male and female photographers.
- [Classic and Vintage] This vintage and classic camera strap is made of high quality and durable cotton yarn and PU leather.
- [Strong and Comfy] Anti-slip surface helps to prevent accidental slip of your expensive equipments.
- [Adjustable Length] Ergonomically adjustable length on both ends for all photographers at different heights, total length:137cm; strap length: 71cm; Strap width: 3.8cm.
- [Extremely Lightweight] Soft and sturdy material can help to reduce pressure on the back of neck, while with a weight of approximate 65g makes it comfortable to wear.
- [Hold all cameras and NOT JUST for cameras] The latest upgraded version is with a metal triangle which makes the strap perfect in safety and perfectly compatible with all brands of DSLR cameras like Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Sony, Instax, Polaroid etc. while it can be used for other equipments like some binoculars, monoculars, rangefinders, tools, and so on.
5. Altura Quick release best camera strap for DSLR’s.
The universal camera strap by Altura is probably one of the best camera straps for DSLR’s. Its lightweight and cushioned Neoprene pad evenly distribute the weight combined with front pockets for strong minimal camera accessories, making this shoulder strap for travelers.
A durable reinforced solid metal plate securely fastens your camera onto the strap. The plate also features a protective anti-skid rubber bottom layer to prevent accidental slides and slippage. Quick-release feature prompts fast installation and camera removal without requiring to the removal of the metal plate. However, on the contrary, this strap is not suitable for heavy camera kits. But if you are looking for decent quality budget-friendly camera straps, then this is the one.
- LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE CAMERA STRAPS FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS: Neoprene pad distributes weight perfectly, with comfortable design shaped to fit perfectly around shoulder for constant use and travel. Even includes a zipper pocket for storing extra batteries, memory cards, etc.
- OVER THE SHOULDER STRAP WITH REINFORCED MATERIALS: Durable reinforced solid metal plate (not plastic!) securely fastens your camera onto the strap. The plate also features a protective rubber bottom layer to prevent slippage or scratches.
- FULLY ADAPTABLE Camera Straps for men and/or Camera Straps for women: The plate and camera can be attached to a tripod without needing to remove the plate from the camera! Features quick-release design for easy attachment and removal while using your camera. Easy to take photos while on the go!
- Perfect replacement for originals Canon Camera Strap, Nikon Camera strap or Sony camera strap, compatible with any DSLR Camera with a standard ¼" tripod screw mount. (Includes: CANON EOS R RP 70D 80D 90D 77D 1D 6S 5D Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6s T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i SL1 SL2 SL3 NIKON Z6 Z7 D7100 D7200 D7500 D5500 D5600 D3500 D3400 D3300 D90 D80 D610 D750 D810 D850 SONY Alpha A7 A7ii A7iii A7Rii A7Riii A7Riv A7S A7Sii A9 A6000 A6100 A6300 A6400 A6500 A6600 A5100 A68)
- PREMIUM CUSTOMER SERVICE: Backed with DIGITAL GOJA 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
6. Custom SLR GLide best strap for DSLR.
Custom SLR guide has always been popular among photographers owing to its comfort. Split strap technology distributed the weight evenly and covers a wide area to disperse the impact caused by camera weight. The padded neoprene section of the strap also helps to absorb camera bounce while you walk, and the smooth edges prevent any discomfort and friction.
Every camera needs a mount while other brands require you to buy one; with SLR, you get a custom-built C-Loop, swiveling quick-release buckles rotate for maximum flexibility and detach for increased mobility. All these features make SLR glide one of the best camera straps for DSLR’s.
- Unique Gliding Mechanism: Camera sits at your side and glides up the strap, allowing you to take pictures quickly
- Split Strap Technology: Distributes weight evenly to reduce pain/fatigue and provides superior ventilation
- Ergonomic Design: Conforms to shoulder for unparalleled comfort
- Swiveling Quick-Release Buckles: Rotates for maximum flexibility and detaches for increased mobility
- High Quality Material and Construction: Cushy neoprene padding with binding around the split for added durability
7. BlackRapid RS-4 retro sling-style camera strap for DSLR’S.
After testing numerous camera straps for DSLR’s I finally got my hands on BlackRapid RS-4 retro after reading many compelling reviews about it. Besides, I tested my hands on other black rapid straps, which I have also included in this list.
RS-4 RERO is the most popular among other Blackrapid straps considering its multiple features that enable you to customize it according to your needs. You can adjust the straps to your desired length. It doesn’t matter if you right or left dominant; you can conveniently carry it on both shoulders without requiring any special adjustments.
Sling functionality has a pair of a spring-loaded clip that slides up and down to limit the camera movement along the starp. The rear clip keeps the camera intact where it needs to be within your reach, resting on your side hip. Due to lack of padding, it doesnt comprehend that ergonomic design. Integrated sturdy and quick release carabiners let you hook the straps to the camera mount; once its done, tighten the screw to prevent the carabiner from opening accidentally. The front zipper always comes in handy to store mini accessories while you are on the go.
- Comfortable foam pad with sleek nylon honeycomb overlay
- Slim, straight, low-profile pad is comfortable for left or right shoulder
- Easy front adjustment, small zippered pocket holds memory cards or other small items
- Spring-Loaded Bumper Locks for Camera; CR-3 ConnectR Locking Carabiner; LockStar ConnectR cover to secure carabiner; FR-5 FastenR Breathe; BlackRapid Camera Safety TetheR
8. Peak Design Clutch CL-2 Hand camera strap for DSLR’s.
A hand strap is much more convenient and comfortable; personally, I will any day choose hand strap over shoulder straps. I find them more useful and accessible, besides it makes me feel more in control of my camera. I dont like too much bulk and accessories on me, so a hand strap is what does the job for me.
Hypalon exterior, microfiber pad and aluminum adjuster hardware is ultra-durable and inspired by high-end climbing gear. The clutch includes a quick release anchor just like its contemporaries that lets you attach the camera to a mount — simple, sleek and travel-friendly design combined with thoughtful aesthetics. Clutch gives you easy access to your camera’s controls but cinches down when you need additional security. Cluth is designed to work with any camera of your choice with an approximate weight of upto 200lbs.
- Provides solid grip, but easy access to controls
- Attach & remove with ease
- Compatible with any DSLR (or SLR) camera, including large full-frame bodies and cameras with battery grips
- Low-profile aesthetic design
9. ONA The Presidio truffle leather camera strap for DSLR.
If you are a classic fan, a leather camera strap by ONA will gratify you. Handcrafted with premium canvas and Italian leather, followed by a neoprene padded neckline and chrome buckles, this strap stands strong in the court of quality. The integrated chromes hooks enable you to adjust the straps to your desired length, and the flexible design doesnt require you to remove the strap while packing your bag.
ONA can withhold a camera weighing upto 6lbs; both professional and amateur photographers can sport it.
- Handcrafted with premium waxed canvas and leather
- Designed for camera kits weighing up to 6 pounds
- Neoprene-padded neckline
- Drop length: Adjust from 19.5" to 23.5"
- Chrome hardware accents
10. Altura heavy duty wrist strap for DSLR.
The best camera strap for DSLR by Altura includes two alternate connection heads, one heavy-duty connection for mirrorless cameras and DSLRs, followed by a thin and robust connection for Action Cameras. It is crafted from high quality and durable neoprene to hold atleast 3-10lbs of weight for that extra peace of mind.
Adjustable fit for all wrist sizes with a stopper to cinch the strap in place, its versatile, quick release system enables you to switch between camera connectors between no time. Super Sleek and comfortable design that doesnt stress your wrist while exploring your creative side. It is one of the strongest wrist straps out there and is compatible with wide ranges of cameras, excluding the ones with an eyelet opening smaller than 5mm.
- 2 CONNECTORS INCLUDED: Our Camera wrist strap includes 2 alternate connection heads. 1 heavy duty connection for mirrorless cameras and DSLRs. 1 thin and strong connection for GoPro and point and shoot cameras. Rated to hold at least 3-10lbs of weight under normal conditions. The strongest strap on the market.
- COMPATIBLE CANON CAMERA STRAP WITH CANON EOS REBEL: T8I T7i T7 T6 T6i T6s T5 T5i T4 T4i T3 T3i T2i Sl2 SL3 M50 70D 80D 90D 77D 6D 6D Mark II 5D 5D Mark II 5D Mark IV EOS R EOS RP M100 M6 1D. This camera hand strap is not compatible with Canon cameras with eyelet openings smaller than 5mm, Like EOS M5, PowerShot G7 X.
- COMPATIBLE SONY CAMERA STRAP WITH SONY ALPHA: A6000 A6100 A6300 A6400 A6500 A6600 A5100 A68 A9 A9II A7 A7II A7III A7RII A7RIII A7RIV A7S A7SII RX100III RX100IV RX100V RX100VI RX100VII. This camera hand strap is not compatible with Sony cameras with eyelet openings smaller than 5mm.
- COMPATIBLE NIKON CAMERA STRAP WITH NIKON: D3500 D3400 D3300 D3000 D5600 D5500 D7500 D7200 D7100 D750 D780 D850 D810 D610 D500 D60 D5 Z6 Z7. This camera hand strap is not compatible with Nikon cameras with eyelet openings smaller than 5mm.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
11. JJC store Quick release camera strap for DSLR.
JJC store best camera strap for DSLR is designed to work with most cameras featuring a 1/4 “-20 tripod socket. Elaborated straps can be adjusted to any hand size. Padded hand cushion offers comfort, support and relieves hand fatigue while prolonged shooting hours.
The double snap fasteners provide extra to prevent accidental sling off of the camera from your hands. An integrated metal base plate with an eyelet lets you connect a quick-release strap to the camera mount. Besides, you can also attach a shoulder strap via a carabiner hook.
- Designed for most DSLR cameras with 1/4"-20 tripod socket, adjustable strap provides perfect fit for any hand size
- Padded hand cushion is comfortable and supportive during use, effectively relieves the hand fatigue
- Provides extra security to help prevent accidental slipping out of your hand
- Threads the strap through camera lug at the other end
- Has an metal base plate with an eyelet for connecting quick release strap
12. Altura rapid-fire secure wrist camera strap for DSLR’s.
Last but not least, we have Raid fire secure grip by Altura. The wrist strap by Altura is designed to work with any DSLR Camera with a standard ¼” tripod screw. Padded handgrips can be adjusted to compliment the size of your hand; besides, it prevents the risk of accidental slips that might damage your camera. Soft ventilated microfiber ensures that your hands remain cool and comfortable without causing any abrasion.
The strap exterior is designed using soft PU leather, which looks stylish and feels comfortable while wearing. A secure integrated metal allows you to attach the camera to both ends.
- SECURES YOUR CAMERA: Grips the hand and wrist to prevent accidental slips from turning into disastrous drops, adjustable for all hand sizes our leather camera strap is made of premium PU leather, the DSLR strap adjusts to fit hands of all sizes and snaps on easily. Compatible with any DSLR Camera with a standard ¼" tripod screw mount.
- COMPATIBLE CANON CAMERA STRAP WITH CANON EOS REBEL: T8I T7i T7 T6 T6i T6s T5 T5i T4 T4i T3 T3i T2i Sl2 SL3 M50 70D 80D 90D 77D 6D 6D Mark II 5D 5D Mark II 5D Mark IV EOS R EOS RP M100 M6 1D.
- COMPATIBLE SONY CAMERA STRAP WITH SONY ALPHA: A6000 A6100 A6300 A6400 A6500 A6600 A5100 A68 A9 A9II A7 A7II A7III A7RII A7RIII A7RIV A7S A7SII RX100III RX100IV RX100V RX100VI RX100VII.
- COMPATIBLE NIKON CAMERA STRAP WITH NIKON: D3500 D3400 D3300 D3000 D5600 D5500 D7500 D7200 D7100 D750 D780 D850 D810 D610 D500 D60 D5 Z6 Z7.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Digital GOJA 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
I hope the following article will assist you in choosing the best camera strap for DSLR’s. I recommend users dont limit themselves to a particular design and brand; instead, i encourage them to experiment and tweak their experience. I thought that doesnt mean you should just go on a camera strap buying spree. Instead, you should research, analyze and make an informed decision which you won’t regret.
Rest we are here to provide you with the required information to help you get the best camera straps for DSLR. Stay tuned with Reviewed Best for more such amazing product reviews and buying guides.
James is an expert level researcher and product hunter from New York, United States Of America. When not researching and testing products, he spends his time playing video games, eating junk foods, and sleeping.
We at reviewedbest.com take our products from Amazon, and hence we use the amazon affiliate links. We are enrolled in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program. Read Affiliate Disclosure.