Looking for the best DDR3 RAM for your gaming PC? Here are the top 5 best DDR3 RAM for gaming PCs to buy in 2021.
Over the years, PC games have become more and more demanding in terms of hardware requirement. Old gen gaming rigs with just 8GB of RAM were fully capable of handling the most demanding ripple A titles. However, if you want to play the latest triple-A titles, you would probably want to upgrade to at least 16GB of DDR3 RAM.
High speed and reliable RAM is one of the significant components of any gaming PC apart from the GPU and CPU. When going for a RAM shopping, make sure to consider a memory with sufficient size and speed to get optimal gaming performance.
If you are unsure of the memory type supported by your computer, here is how to check DDR3 or DDR4 RAM type in Windows 10. Also, for the uninitiated, DDR4 memory is not backward compatible, so you can’t use DDR4 with your DDR3 supported motherboard.
This article lists the best DDR3 RAM kit to help you give the much-required boost to your old gaming rig in 2021.
Best DDR3 RAM For Gaming To Consider in 2021.
Best DDR3 RAM For Gaming Comparison Table:
#1. Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB.
A DDR3 RAM 16GB module, Corsair Vengeance Pro is a high-speed 16000MHz designed for the dual-channel configuration. It is fully compatible with the Intel Z68 and Intel Z77 series motherboards. With eight-layer PCBs and ICs, it is specially selected for performance potentials.
Corsair Vengeance Pro uses aluminium heat spreaders to offer optimal thermal performance while enhancing your gaming rig’s look. With XMP 1.3 profile, it offers automatic and reliable overclocking.
- Density: 16GB (2x8GB). Speed: 1600MHz
- Compatible with intel z68 aand intel Z77. Memory configuration is dual channel
- Tested Latency: 9-9-9-24. Pin Out: 240 Pin
- Voltage: 1.5V. Format: DIMM
- Limited Lifetime Warranty. Memory Type: DDR3; Speed: 1600MHz
Also, Read “Best Gaming Routers For Xbox One.”
#2. G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB.
If you are looking for a DDR3 8GB RAM module for a dual-channel configuration, the G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB is a right choice for the 4th and 5th gen intel motherboards.
Clocking at a decent 1600MHz with a tested latency of 10, G.Skill Ripjaws X is a power-efficient memory module for gaming PCs. If you are into multitasking and perform CPU and GPU intensive tasks, the unique red heatsink offers excellent thermal performance.
- Memory Type: DDR3, Capacity: 16GB (8GBx2), Multi-Channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit
- Tested Speed: 1600MHz, Tested Latency: 10-10-10-30-2N
- SPD Speed: 1333MHz, SPD Voltage: 1.50v
Also, Read “Three Best Projectors For Nintendo Switch.”
#3. Patriot Signature 8GB DDR3.
Patriot Signature, 8GB DDR3, is a PC3 12800 DDR3 MHz type RAM and offers excellent value for money for budget gamers. If you are a casual gamer looking to add another 8GB of RAM stick to your PC to meet modern games’ requirements, Patriot Signature 8GB DDR3 memory is an affordable option.
While the memory clock is a decent 1600MHz, the latency is rather high at 11. The company claims the module to meet the industry-standard, which is also evident from the positive reviews it has received on various ecommerce platforms.
- PC3-12800 (1600MHz) Dual Data Rate
- 240-Pin Dual in-line memory module
- Non-ECC Unbuffered
- 2 Rank Double-sided module
- 7.8US Refresh Interval (8192 CYCLES/64MS)
- 1.5V Power Requirement
- Auto and self refresh capability
- PCB height: 1181(mil)
- Serial Presence-Detect (SPD)
Also, Read “Top 6 Best Gaming Laptops For GTA V.”
#4 HyperX Kingston FURY 16GB.
HyperX Kingston FURY 16GB is a 2x8GB RAM kit with an easy to install plug and play functionality and is tested with all the major motherboard brands.
HyperX Kingston FURY clocks a fairly high speed at 1866MHz and the plug and play functionality ensures you don’t need to make any adjustment in BIOS after installation. Included heat spreader offers decent thermal performance and prevents throttling issues.
- Asymmetric heat spreader for stylish heat dissipation
- Easy to install Plug and Play functionality, Unique tested with all popular brands of motherboards
- Automatic Overclocking: Reach faster speeds and higher capacities by just installing the memory, no adjustments in BIOS needed
- Compatible with H67, P67, Z68, Z77, Z87 and H61 Intel chipsets, as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 AMD chipsets
- Guaranteed lifetime warranty, free technical support; Operating temperature 0 to 85 degree celsius
Also, Read “Best IPS Monitors for Under $200.”
#5 Timetec Hynix IC 16GB.
Timetec Hynix IC offers DDR3 1600MHz RAM kits in multiple configurations. While the one listed here comes in 2x8GB config, you can get DDR3 RAM 4GB configuration as well. This memory module is compatible with both Intel and AMD CPUs and operates at 1.35v and 1.5v.
Timetec Hynix IC 16GB is one of the affordable 16GB RAM kits available in the market offering accelerated performance, increased multitasking, good compatibility and plug and play installation without adjusting the BIOS.
- DDR3L / DDR3 1600MHz PC3L-12800 / PC3-12800 240-Pin Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.35V / 1.5V CL11 Dual Rank 2Rx8 based 512x8
- For DDR3 Desktop Compatible with Intel and AMD CPU
- JEDEC standard 1.35V (1.28V ~ 1.45V) and 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V) Power Supply This is a dual voltage piece and can operate at 1.35V or 1.5V
- Module Size: 8GB Package: 2x8GB For Desktop Computer, Not for Laptop
- Guaranteed – Lifetime warranty from Purchase Date Free technical support
Also, Read “Best HDMI Monitors.”
Find The Best DDR3 RAM For Your PC.
When planning for a RAM upgrade, check how many RAM slots are available in your system and then take note of your current RAM module configuration.
You may also want to check if your motherboard supports high-speed DDR3 RAM. For a pure gaming PC, consider buying a 1600MHz RAM as the high-speed RAM would be an overkill for gaming and day to day tasks. However, if you also do CPU intensive tasks such as video editing and rendering, your computer will benefit from high capacity and high-speed RAM kits.
FAQs: Learn more about Best DDR3 for Gaming.
Is DDR3 RAM good for Gaming in 2021?
Yes. There isn’t much difference between a DDR3 and DDR4 RAM when it comes to FPS in games. The most important thing to consider for good gaming performance is a high-end GPU.
Can RAM affect game FPS?
No. RAM does not directly affect FPS in games. While your RAM speed can have a minor impact, FPS count is entirely dependent on the CPU and in most cases the graphics processing unit of your computer.
Which DDR is best for gaming?
While DDR3 and DDR4 usually offer similar gaming performance, DDR4 memory with its lower power consumption and high clock speed is recommended for all the PC builds in 2021 to make your setup future proof.
All up to you now. We hope you enjoyed reading the best DDR RAM reviews and found the best one for your PC. Stay tuned with Reviewed Best for more such amazing product reviews and buying guides. Thanks for reading this post.
James is an expert level researcher and product hunter from New York, United States Of America. When not researching and testing products, he spends his time playing video games, eating junk foods, and sleeping.