Table of Contents
1. OPTOMA UHD30.
The Optoma UHD30 is the projector to go for whether you like watching movies or gaming, or both. Its features reduced input lag as well as increased refresh rate, which is ideal for gaming. Additionally, it supports 4k HDR since it is compatible with HLG and HDR-10 content. It also boasts a 3400 lumens count and contrast ratio of 500,000:1 for those high-quality, clear pictures.
Meanwhile, the Ultra-detail helps make my movie-watching sessions better by displaying clear, sharp images, and they are quite colorful on my 100 inches screen. The colors are vivid and bold with precise shadow detailing.
However, during the day, with strong daylight, the contrast is not usually as good. Other than that, this impressive device features a dynamic black option. The lamp life stands at 10,000 hours on Eco mode and 4,000 hours while on bright mode. Besides, the 3400 ANSI brightness and the Dynamic mode for bright rooms are impressive bonuses. For fluid gaming, the UHD 30 has a 15.7ms response time and a 240Hz refresh rate. Overall, it’s one of the best projectors under $1500.
Also, Read “Three Best Projectors For Nintendo Switch.”
2. VIEWSONIC TRUE 4K.
The ViewSonic PX701-4K is an excellent projector for your home entertainment. It delivers spectacular UHD resolution at an economical price. Even though the HDR support and the true 4k resolution make this great projector ideal for watching my favorite shows, gamers will enjoy the reduced input lag of 4.2ms and the 240z refresh rate too.
It also features 3200 lumens, high-quality sound, and vibrant visuals, making it perfect for almost any environment. Besides, the automatic vertical and horizontal keystone adjustment feature, together with the four-corner correction, displays impressive images on a screen of up to 300 inches. The lamp life stands at 20,000 hours, which will last you a long time if you seldom use it. All in all, it’s another best projector under $1500 to buy.
- BIG SCREEN HOME THEATER: Immersive cinema-like experience in 4K UHD (3840x2160p), 4X the clarity of Full HD, on a screen up to 300 inches in 3500 lumens
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS: This home theater projector delivers stunning home entertainment around the clock, day and night, in bright or dark rooms
- HDR CONTENT SUPPORT: With the ability to decode HDR video signals, this projector delivers incredibly detailed video playback
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Supports most media players, gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI1.4 with HDCP 1.4, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, USB, and more
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: PX747-4K 4K UHD Projector, Power Cable, VGA Cable, and Remote Control
Also, Read “Top 10 Best Projector Stands.”
3. OPTOMA UHD50X.
Gamers mostly prefer the Optoma UHD50X due to its high refresh rate, 240Hz, and reduced input lag. Even though the 240Hz refresh rate is only accessible from a PC at 1080p resolution, it’s not an issue since most gaming consoles support a maximum refresh rate of 120Hz at a 1080P resolution.
The lamp is a traditional 240W lamp that produces 3400 ANSI brightness. The lamp life goes for 15,000 hours while in Dynamic Black mode, 4,000 hours in bright mode, and 10,000 in Eco mode. I found that the Dynamic black mode has a contrast ratio of 500,000:1, making it perfect for watching my favorite movies and shows.
This fantastic mode adds some extra dimensionality to the dark images. On the other hand, the fan can be noisy when the pictures switch between dark and bright scenes, which makes it harder for me to concentrate on my movies. Overall, this one is the final projector on my list of best projectors under $1500 to consider buying.
- TRUE 4K ULTRA HD: Experience high-quality home cinema feel with 4K Ultra HD with 8.3 million distinct addressable on-screen pixels
- LAG-FREE GAMING: Introducing the world's first ultra-fast 240Hz gaming projector enabling blur-free visuals and unparalleled smoothness––combined with Enhanced Gaming Mode to produce a 16ms response time, or 26ms at 4K UHD for the lowest input lag on a 4K projector
- HDR & HLG COMPATIBLE: Enjoy brigher whites and deeper black levels for an enhanced viewing experience of images and videos, enabled by HDR10 & HLG technologies
- DYNAMIC BLACK: Dynamic Black technology provides more depth to the image by smoothing lamp output to create a high contrast ratio (500,000:1); bright scenes appear clear while dark scenes remain detailed
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION: Whether ceiling mounted or placed on a table, get the picture just right with 1.3X zoom, 5-15% vertical lens shift and ±40° keystone correction
- CRISP, COLORFUL PICTURE: UltraDetail technology ensures enhanced image sharpness with a higher frame rate to deliver a crystal clear picture; RGBWRGBW 8 segment color wheel increases the color ratio for richer, vivid and cinematic image
- ULTRA-BRIGHT: Enjoy 3,400 lumens of brightness in your home theater room, family room, gaming room – or even outdoors for backyad movie nights
- VARIETY OF INPUTS: Connect with most media players, gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI 2.0 inputs with HDCP 2.2 support, HDMI 4K, USB, VGA, and more
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15,000 hours of lamp life, enabling an average of two 2-hour movies every day 10 plus years
- STANDARD THROW PROJECTION: Project a 100" image from approximately 9–11 feet away; project a 120" image from approximately 11–13 feet away; UHD50X projects up to a 302" image
Also, Read “Best 100-inch Projector Screens Reviews And Guide.”
Best Projector Under $1500: Buying Guide.
Lumens & Brightness:
James is an expert level researcher and product hunter from New York, United States Of America. When not researching and testing products, he spends his time playing video games, eating junk foods, and sleeping.