Are you unable to stay underwaters because it is tiresome? In that case, you should consider investing in a underwater scooter. Sea scooters are ideal for divers who want a way out of the tiresome swims and require more air.
Underwater scooters or sea scooters are hot sellers on the diving market. This exhilarating piece of diving gear entices divers of all types. Whether you are an adventurer looking for an adrenaline rush or want to explore the shallow reefs, an underwater scooter is a must-have.
Are you on the fence about the best sea scooter? In this piece, we entail and break down the features of five top underwater scooters so that you can choose the right one for yourself. Let’s dive in!
- 1 Top 5 Underwater Scooters Reviews 2021.
- 2 #1. Yamaha Seal Underwater Scooter.
- 3 #2. Yamaha RDS250 Underwater Scooter.
- 4 #3. Scoot Underwater Scooter Sea Propeller.
- 5 #4. Sublue US WhiteShark Mix Underwater Scooter.
- 6 #5. WINDEK SUBLUE WhiteShark.
- 7 Best Underwater Scooter Buying Guide.
- 8 Final Words.
Top 5 Underwater Scooters Reviews 2021.
Here are our top five picks for the best underwater scooters of 2021:
#1. Yamaha Seal Underwater Scooter.
If you are looking for an underwater scooter for gentle recreational purposes, then this could be one of your best bets. Yamaha Seal is a great choice for beginners who will only be exploring the shallow waters.
At a speed of 2 mph, this sea scooter can achieve a depth of 15 ft. The run time of one and a half hours on this gear is impressive. Though there are no color variants, the red and white design looks unique and is praise-worthy.
It has safety features like the dual-trigger control and the auto-shutoff. You can also capture your underwater experience with the camera mount.
- YAMAHA SEAL SCOOTER - Designed for family fun in the pool, packs a thrust speed of up to 2mph / 3. 2km/h, rated for 15ft / 4. 6m running depths with a run time up to 1. 5 hours with normal use
- SAFETY FEATURES – Include an auto shutoff, dual-trigger control, caged propeller casing the Seal is a must for every child, or child at heart
- WATERPROOF – Construction, positive buoyancy, meaning the Seal Scooter will float, total weight 12 lbs. Scooter size: 11. 25x 11. 25 x 19 inch
- CAMERA INTEGRATION - With built-in mount allows users to seamlessly take videos of their experience using their sport camera of choice (Camera/GoPro sold separately)
- POWERED - By a sealed lead acid battery, battery maintenance is required every 3 months to maintain the charge, see manual.
#2. Yamaha RDS250 Underwater Scooter.
This device allows its users to reach a depth of 100 ft, at a speed of 2.5 mph. The continuous run time of two hours is the selling point of this underwater scooter. The unique aspect of buying this Yamaha model is that it offers a removable buoyancy control chamber.
Therefore, you can use the underwater scooter on both freshwater and saltwater. We also love the camera attachment, which will comfortably accommodate your Go-Pro. The waterproof construction of this sea scooter prevents accidental flooding.
The manufacturer recommends a user of a minimum of 16 years. However, there is no weight limit for this product.
#3. Scoot Underwater Scooter Sea Propeller.
The Scoot Seascooter Underwater Propeller can run for 50 minutes at a single charge. You will also be content to know that this scooter comes with low and fast speed control options. The top speed of this device is 3.7 mph. The device requires 4 hours of charge to achieve 100% battery.
The yellow color of this device will impress many users. However, this device is a bit pricier than the rest of the sea scooters on our list.
#4. Sublue US WhiteShark Mix Underwater Scooter.
The Sublue US WhiteShark Mix is a pro when it comes to delivering great depths. Its robust design allows it to travel 131 ft deep. We also love the unique color options for this sea scooter. Moreover, the scooter also happens to be relatively light-weight.
Once fully charged, the sea scooter can travel at a speed of 3.35 mph. You can also achieve a positive buoyancy by attaching the floater. Most importantly, the safety strap on the gear is a great add-on.
#5. WINDEK SUBLUE WhiteShark.
The Windek Sublue WhiteShark is the first sea scooter in the world with two engines. Its robust power makes it a superb option for kids as well.
The modern design gives an appealing vibe to the scooter. However, the device has a limited run time.
Because of its dual-motor structure, it can dive as deep as 40m. The great news is that the underwater scooter is compatible with most of the market’s adventure cameras. All in all, it’s a great buy.
- DUAL-MOTOR: The world’s FIRST DUAL-MOTOR underwater scooter. Innovative design features the perfect combination of propulsion and stability. Private family time in the pool! Now even the kids can have a great time for some fancy swimming styles. Great way to have a fun sport time when staying at home.
- POWERFUL BATTERY: With the 30 mins battery life by the 11000 mAh battery, rest assure to use the product freely. The DOUBLE thrusters is able to release 8 kgf thrust to explore the world underwater. Propel at speeds up to 1.5 m/s ( 3.36 mph ) , a record of the women’s 100 m breaststroke world champion.
- SAFE: Not only we designed a floater to achieve zero buoyancy, we also designed the propellers to have a safe protective net, preventing fingers from accidental injury. The industry leading sealing and waterproofing technology also guaranteed for the best user experience, which allows the deepest range at 40 m ( 131 ft ).
- CONVENIENT: Small in size but with large energy. The total weight of 3.5 kgs makes it easy for everyone to carry. Only 20% of the size of conventional DPVs in both size and weight. FAA compliant batteries also allows easy to swap spare batteries. COMPATIBLE: Universal interface, compatible with almost ALL action cameras in the market, allows you to record everything under water in the most direct view.
- The battery of Sublue’s underwater product is waterproof if it is setup correctly to accord with the user manual. However, battery compartment is not watertight seal design, so water get in there is under normal circumstance. Water in the battery compartment would NOT damage the battery or the product.
Best Underwater Scooter Buying Guide.
Are you wondering what makes up a quality underwater scooter? This buying guide will lay down all the features that your underwater scooter should have. Keep reading!
Weight is an essential aspect of where you’ll be using the scooter and who will use it. Typically, the underwater scooters weigh less than 20 pounds (10 kg). This weight can be heavy for young users if the gear does not float.
It’ll help to keep in mind that you might run out of battery when you are in deep water. In such cases, you have to swim to the surface, carrying the weight of the underwater scooter. The weight can be a significant problem for young swimmers, as it is challenging to swim with it.
To avoid such a situation, you can keep a watch on the LED battery status indicator. A buoyant water scooter is much less of a problem. Always ensure that you know your gear in and out before taking it for a dive.
Also, Read “Best Kayak Fishing Shoes For Everyone.”
Battery & Run Time
If you don’t want to get stuck with your sea scooter halfway up your adventure, make sure to check the run time. As with a standard electric scooter, you also have to check your sea scooter’s battery life.
Most of the mid-budget to low-budget devices offer at least half an hour of run time. However, many fantastic aqua scooter devices go for as long as two hours. If you opt for an underwater scooter with minimal battery life, it is better to grab an extra battery.
If your sea scooter brand claims that the product has positive buoyancy, it will float up to the surface if you let go of the gear in saltwater. However, this also indicates that the device will sink in lake water or freshwater.
Therefore, whenever you use the gear in freshwater, you must ensure adequate battery backup. Many aqua scooters come with zero buoyancy. The scooters with neutral buoyancy will not float or sink. It entirely depends on where you are using the device.
The good news is that you don’t need to be a buoyancy expert to buy an aqua scooter. Manufacturers will mention the feasible water type.
Also, Read “Best Fish Finder Reviews And Buying Guide.”
The next crucial feature is depth. However, the depth is not going to make much of a difference if you snorkel on shallow waters. The depth is a helpful element for those who love to explore deep waters and coral reefs.
If you are a professional scuba diver, you can go for an underwater scooter that goes deeper than 60 feet.
If you are buying a sea scooter for a young diver, it’s better to go for a device with a lower maximum speed. For children, aqua scooters with 3 or 4km/hr speed will satisfy their adventure cravings. A speed level beyond that might be difficult for them to handle.
For a professional or an adult, you might want to consider a faster underwater scooter. In general, the sea scooters will have a speed of 4 to 6.5 km/hr. There are also some top-notch and high-priced scooters that can travel at a speed level of 9 km/h.
There are plenty of options for underwater scooters across the market. The sea scooters today offer a pretty satisfactory proposition to diving and adventure enthusiasts. If you’re a newbie or want your child to learn the sport, it is better to opt for a budgeted one.
However, if you are a diving pro, then you can consider the one with advanced features that come at a higher price point. Before you embark on your underwater journey, make sure to grab an underwater scooter. With more energy and oxygen, you can cover more underwater distance.
Thanks for reading this post on reviewedbest.com. We hope you had fun exploring these underwater gear treasures!
James is an expert level researcher and product hunter from New York, United States Of America. When not researching and testing products, he spends his time playing video games, eating junk foods, and sleeping.
We at reviewedbest.com take our products from Amazon, and hence we use the amazon affiliate links. We are enrolled in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program. Read Affiliate Disclosure.